Your cart is currently empty.
1.1 This is the Privacy Statement of Bleu Rose Proprietary Limited] (we or us). It applies to our use of personal information of users of the Bleu Rose website, available at https://bleuroseflowers.co.za/ (Website), and personal information of users who engage with us on Twitter (at @bleuroseflowers), Facebook (at @bleurosefloraldesigns) or Instagram (at @bleuroseflowers) (collectively Social Media Pages).
1.3 We may need to change or update this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on the Website and will be effective from the date of posting. Where practical, we may notify you of the changes. This Privacy Statement was updated on 05 February 2019.
2. What personal information do we collect?
2.1 We respect your privacy rights and comply with all applicable laws in handling personal information. When used in this Privacy Statement, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPI). Generally speaking, personal information is any information that can be used to personally identify a natural or juristic person. If any information that we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, we will treat it as personal information.
2.2 We may collect your personal information in a number of ways:
(1) when you register an account on the Website, you will be asked to provide your name and email address and create a password;
(2) when you make a purchase on the Website, you will be asked to provide payment information and a delivery address;
(3) when you contact us with a query or comment, we will ask you provide your name, email address and (optionally) your phone number; and
(4) when you provide us with personal information through the Social Media Pages.
• While using this website, information about you may be either collected by us or provided by you. Such information will become the property of Bleu Rose Flowers
• Bleu Rose Flowers makes use of third-party cookies (including the Google Analytics cookie) to collect website analytics data, and also makes use of third-party cookies (including the DoubleClick cookie) to deliver targeted display advertising to our website visitors based on their browsing and search activity on the Bleu Rose Flowers website.
• No personal information is shared with Google or DoubleClick in order to deliver targeted advertising.
• If you prefer not to receive interest-based advertising in web browsers from Google, you can always click the “Opt out” button on the Ads Preferences Manager (https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/?hl=en). After you opt out, Google will not collect interest category information and you will not receive interest-based ads via Google when accessing the web through a web browser.
• For detail regarding the information Google collects and how it is used to deliver targeted advertising please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
• Bleu Rose Flowers is not responsible for and gives no warranties or makes any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party or advertised web sites.
2.4 If you provide us with personal information of third parties, please make sure that you are authorised to do so.
3. Why do we collect personal information?
3.1 We collect personal information and handle it for the following purposes:
(1) administering the Website, your account and the Social Media Pages;
(2) processing your orders;
(3) responding to queries and complaints;
(4) improving our products and services; and
(5) marketing, in accordance with paragraph 7 below.
We may handle anonymised information for research or analytics purposes or including it in our publications and share this information with third parties. You will not be identifiable from this information.
4. What happens if you don’t provide the personal information we require?
All personal information you provide to us is provided to us voluntarily. However, if you do not provide us with the details requested, we may not be able to register your account, process your order or respond to your query.
5 Changes to your personal information
If your personal information changes, please let us know and provide us with all changes as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update it.
6. Do we disclose personal information to third parties?
6.1 We may disclose your personal information to:
(1) our employees, contractors or third-party service providers in connection with the Website, Social Media Pages and our business operators;
(2) our insurers, underwriters and professional advisors, including our accountants, lawyers, business advisors and consultants;
(3) new colleagues and the manager of any entity through which they operate if we merge, combine or divests a part of our business;
(4) law enforcement or regulatory bodies as required by law; and
(5) any other juristic or natural person for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
6.2 We will never sell your personal information.
7. Do we send personal information to the outside of South Africa?
We do not currently send personal information outside of South Africa. Should it become necessary to do so, we will do so in accordance with applicable laws.
8.1 If you have purchased products from us, we may use your contact details to send you details of new products or services which may interest you. These communications may be sent in various forms (including by post and by email) in accordance with applicable marketing laws. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method where practical.
8.2 All of these communications will set out how to unsubscribe from (or opt out of) receiving future communications if you no longer wish to receive promotional material.
9.1 When you provide payment information to make a purchase, Bleu Rose Flowers does not store any payment information. Bleu Rose Flowers uses PayFast to provide a secure environment for the authorisation of credit card and charge card transactions. Confidential information including card details are encrypted using industry standard SSL 128-bit encryption technology.
9.2 We may keep your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. In both cases, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
9.3 Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
10. Your rights regarding your personal information
10.1 You have the right to contact us at any time requesting:
(1) confirmation that we have your personal information (by contacting us at [email@example.com];
(2) access to the records containing your personal information or a description of the personal information that we hold about you (by completing this form and sending it to us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]); and
(3) the identity or categories of third parties who have had, or currently have, access to your personal information (by contacting us at [email@example.com).
10.2 When making a request, we will require adequate proof of your identity. We will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing information, where you are entitled to it, by for example, posting or emailing it to you.
10.3 There may be instances where we cannot grant access to your personal information. For example, if access would interfere with the privacy of others or would result in a breach of confidentiality, we may need to refuse access. If we refuse access, we will give written reasons for the refusal.
10.4 If you believe that any personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated, incomplete or misleading, you may ask us to correct it. If you believe that any personal information that we hold about you is excessive or have been unlawfully obtained or that we are no longer authorised to retain it, you may ask us to destroy or delete it. If we do not agree that there are grounds for action, you may ask us to add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it. You can make these requests by completing Form 2 (available here) and sending it to us at [insert email address].
10.5 We may charge a reasonable fee to cover its administrative and other costs in providing information to you. We will not charge for simply making a request or for making any corrections to personal information.
10.7 If you would like to make a complaint to the Information Regulator about the processing of your personal information, complete Form 5 (available here). The Information Regulator’s details are available here.
11. Third party websites
11.1 This Privacy Statement does not apply to any third party websites which may be accessible through links on the Website. We do not make any representations or warranties about the privacy practices of any third party and do not accept any responsibility for them. Third party website providers are responsible for informing users about their own privacy practices and we suggest that you review the privacy policies of any third party providers whose sites you access.
12. Contact information
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, you can contact us here.